Sunday 21 July 2019

Day 6 - 201 -- Uncomfortable Mugginess

Yesterday and today have been hotter than others this summer. Temperatures rose into the mid- to high-30s both days with humidity making it feel in the high-30s or low 40s. For those where the Fahrenheit scale is still in use,  that is actual temps in the upper 90s and feel like temps closer to 110+. Yucky. Just  before supper time today, the sky turned very dark with heavy, angry clouds. I heard thunder in the distance, so unplugged the electronics and such. Rain began a bit later and is still falling. Temperatures outside have dropped to low 20s (low 70s), but without much breeze to capture cooler air in the house. I've opened a door to see if any cooler air enters or if it just lets in wetter air. The latter creates hotter feel like temps in the house -- not something that is needed. It is 30C in the house at present with a warmer feel like temp. So -- summer has arrived in all its ferocity.

I felt uninspired to do much inside or outside due to the heat. People I know headed for the beach. I'd do that for a quick cooling dip late in the day, but sitting in the sun and heat all day would be wicked. As I've said often, we are not all the same and being different is acceptable. I wish I could accept this season (and the icier one) with grace. I love the transition seasons for their milder temps. Finding something that helps me to see the positives of summer would be beneficial. That will require much further study. My descriptions present spring and fall in calmer words, while harsher phrases are sued for winter and summer. Do I see the latter two seasons as more gregarious and 'in your face' while spring and fall seem to be more affable friends? Hmm. Interesting.

A song that fits the weather of the day was chosen. The lyrics note some positive pastimes for summer for the singers. I'm trying here <smile>. Enjoy!

Hot Fun in the Summertime -- Sly and the Family Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment