Sunday 11 August 2019

Day 6 - 222 -- Imaginary Friends

How often have you read a book that you didn't want to end? I'm there right now. I saved this novel for some time. It is the eighth in a planned trilogy <smile>. I've read other books that stood alone or were part of a series. In many cases, I felt sad to have the story end. Authors who develop characters well can provide readers with a group of friends. With this particular series, I've wondered at during the day what the characters were doing next. I couldn't wait to get home to read more in the evening. In this and other books, authors have taken me on a journey through other times in history. I've always been drawn to period pieces. I do love history <smile>.

So -- I'm into the final quarter of this final book in a series. I'm not sure I'm ready to say goodbye to the characters. I do wonder how things will be presented. I'm not expecting a clear cut ending wrapped in a bow. I expect there will be a number of questions left unanswered, while some major story lines will come to a clearer end. I'm surprised somewhat at the depth of emotion this final part of the story has caused. For years, this story has brought great moments of relaxation as I experienced many historical events -- a wonderful escape from the detritus of the day. There are many other books on my 'to read' shelf, so I won't be without other reading. I may even find another fantastic author or series. For now, I'm working through saying goodbye to the imaginary friends.

One song came to mind to share with this topic today. The lyrics speak to the aspects of getting lost in time. Enjoy!

Traveler in Time -- Uriah Heep



No comments:

Post a Comment