Saturday 17 August 2019

Day 6 - 226 -- Continuing Saga

It was a very full day. I spent much of the day working on writing projects. Did some edits for one based on reviewer and editor requests. Things went fairly well, though the software on the submission site still created issues -- I had to enter the edits three times before they were saved. Still couldn't get the photograph uploaded, though. I hope the editors can assist with that.

Late in the afternoon, I received a request to go to the office that I'd visited yesterday. We still had not found the answer to the mystery of where the items in the office  came from. When we arrived a former colleague was sitting at the desk and had been unpacking. The room had been assigned to  each of us by different people. The bottom line here lies in lack of communication between offices and between individuals within the offices. Granted, there has been a number of position changes over the summer and other people have been on vacation with different people standing in for them. It will take a couple of more days to get this figured out and each of us to have a space from which to continue working. On discovering the miscommunications, both of us  felt a degree of frustration. Moving offices comes with much stress and this has added to that load. We each left messages for the people involved in assigning the space. It should be a short time and things will be settled.

The day ended better than the angst of the mid-section of the day. I had a lovely light supper and talk with a dear friend. We then went to a play. This is the fourth play of four that I've been to this year. Seeing all productions for a change was nice. This one did not disappoint. The actors sang songs by Patsy Cline and Hank Williams -- a different play than the one seen last year. Harmonies were amazing and the play well constructed for interest.

The song chosen for today comes from Woodstock 1969, which began 50 years ago today. One song was played twice by two artists. The first shared was without lyrics, but still worth a listen. The second is one that has been shared here before and is one of my favourite renditions of the song. Enjoy!

I get by with a little help from my friends -- Richie Havens (Woodstock 1969)



I get by with a little help from my friends -- Joe Cocker (Woodstock 1969) 


No comments:

Post a Comment