Tuesday 13 August 2019

Day 6 - 224 -- Folding Cardboard

The question for the day was -- How many degrees does it take to assemble a bankers box? The do come flat but without any written or pictogram instructions. I've had 20 boxes with 20 lids in my office for a month -- all flattened back to original format. Today I needed to work with the discomfort and try to get some constructed. Without boxes that look like boxes, I won't be able to fill them with all the stuff on the shelves. Have I mentioned that I am being moved to an office in another building? I got the keys to the new office today and chatted with the work order organizer about a possible date for moving -- well dates actually -- sometime before the end of the month but not before end of next week. I also spent a bit of time discussing the movement of the phone and number to my new location. Seems this takes 2-3 weeks before things can be moved once the order goes to the phone company. So -- I asked that it be done soonest for the new office and keep the other line open until I've been moved. The new person won't need a new phone there until October. Nothing is ever simple.

So -- back to the question and the boxes. Luckily the answer was that three degrees were enough. It took a bit of finagling, but once the first one was made, the rest were easy. The box has a trick in the order in which folds are made. The lids were a breeze with no trickiness involved. I made 12 and will begin filling those soon and then put the other 8 together. I fear that more boxes may be needed since last year, I moved things on a cart from one floor to another in the same building. This meant far fewer boxes -- there were less than 10 to move last summer. I will begin the box scavanging tomorrow to find others to house the files and journals. what I have should work for the shelves and desk.

A relaxing song came to mind today while I was folding cardboard like an avid origami enthusiast. I giggled when I realized the title. I love this unplugged sound and the great harmonies of the duo.  Enjoy!

The Boxer -- Simon and Garfunkel


No comments:

Post a Comment