Saturday 24 August 2019

Day 6 - 235 -- Avoidance Behaviour

The Saturday list required that several items be moved to the Sunday list -- making the latter longer than intended. The requisite energy and (internal) strength for some of these items could not be mustered today. Avoidance behaviour at its best -- I could do a master class on this action -- or lack thereof <sigh>. I managed completion of laundry and cleaning chores at least.

Taking charge in the midst of chaos can be overly challenging. Many internal conversations occur, but these don't always end in the desired outcome -- at least not right away. While I often wish for a magical assistant to just manage challenges. Sadly, life doesn't work that way <smile>. But, we are each responsible for making our own decisions and taking care of life's business. I fully understand this yet when major changes jump in front of me, my response is to look elsewhere or close my eyes. This I'm sure I've learned from the cats in my life -- since about 18 months of age. Their philosophy of  'if I can't see you, you can't see me' could help to bring a bit of calm to a anxious situation. Eventually, though, we have to step into the discomfort. So, as Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow's another day."

Song lyrics that provide support for such situations came to mind today. The harmonies of this female group bring a smile. The upbeat tempo of the song helps with the hope. Enjoy!

Hang On -- Wilson Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment