Friday 12 November 2021

Day 8 - 315 -- Yet Another Challenge

The day began sunny but turned to cloud around mid-day. Some rain is expected, but things had already hit me today that turned my mood to cloudy and rainy. I feel frustrated that when I wake feeling positive that the universe conspires to change that in an instant. After some wailing and gnashing of teeth, I moved into my problem solving place and will move forward with that next week. In the meantime I will need to work at finding moments of calm. 

Actions of people can create major impacts on moods and even lives of others. These can be positive as well as negative. Today was much of the latter. Identifying the myriad emotions experienced adds to the confusion of the moment. Sadness, betrayal, irritation, and trepidation pile on all at once along with several unrecognized feelings. No wonder one feels overwhelmed. Sorting through the mess is difficult given the need for rational thought, which is at a premium when the limbic system reigns. I plan for another walk this evening, since these can help me breath better and move myself back towards a place of reason. The goal -- and fervent hope -- is for a good sleep to prepare myself better to tackle the situation tomorrow. The situation is solvable, though I would have liked it all to unfold differently. 

A song came to mind that dealt both with how I feel and the hope that things will improve as we work through the process. It has a relaxing sound to it, too. <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Every Storm (runs out of rain) -- Gary Allan



No comments:

Post a Comment