Monday 8 November 2021

Day 8 - 311 -- Making Plans

Sunshine today was not as strong as past days. Cloud cover was present early in the day, but left for the most part by afternoon. Sunset began around 3:30 PM with the first streaks of orange. By 5:00 PM this had become a huge display of orange and gold. So, while it did get dark earlier, the show was spectacular.

Today I pondered the changes made to my retirement research plans by the pandemic. Several trips to gather data had to be postponed again and again. I've reached the point where I'm not sure whether re-making these plans will actually see trips occur. Will I get all excited again only to have the plans stomped on by some microscopic demon? Inherent in the process of planning lies the future. Rebuilding the relationship with the future will take some work. 

Much of the archival materials I need to search through have not been digitized, so travel is necessary. It might be useful to check the many libraries to see if anything new has been scanned over the past year. Communicating with librarians and archivists could help me determine where specific files are located, so I could begin to plan regional tours to gather information that will answer more recent questions. Now,  I just need to begin. <smile> 

A song line ran through my mind while pondering --  "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." <smile> Other lyrics offer some calming positive sentiments. Both held a lot to unpack today. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) -- John Lennon




No comments:

Post a Comment