Thursday 25 November 2021

Day 8 - 328 -- Rain Walk

The world is still grey, cloudy and rainy. I headed out for some groceries after lunch and it was raining when I got back to the car. By the time I drove into the driveway, the rain had stopped. I spent some time gathering materials to help me complete month end. Several months require completion, so that will be a larger job than if I'd gotten things done each month. Procrastination? Maybe. the melting of days and weeks into each other might also be part of the problem. It will be done soon, though. 

My early evening walk began with some very light rain. By the time I was a couple of blocks away, it began to fall in earnest. I chose to go forward with the walk, which I'd planned to be shorter. I did this since my jeans were already damp. By the time I got home, they were clearly wet up to mid-calf. I have been wearing rain pants, but rain seemed light and intermittent, so I didn't put them on tonight. The walking did feel fantastic, though. Tomorrow will still have a bit more rain, but forecasters are promising some sun on the weekend. That will make gathering twigs and branches that came down in the storm winds more pleasant. 

I wore my hiker boots rather than the walking shoes today. They keep my feet dry and hold my feet in place better than the shoes. I do need new runners. <smile> I smiled when I was out walking as a song entered my mind. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

These Boots are made for Walking -- Nancy Sinatra   




No comments:

Post a Comment