Saturday 20 November 2021

Day 8 - 323 -- Shopping Excursion

Cooler weather arrived today but precipitation was minimal. I walked out to Main Street to get three items and found only one in store. When I walked through one store mid-week, I noticed some slippers that I'd like to get myself for Christmas. When I returned today, there were none to be found. They had been moved from the original display area, but no one seemed to know where they might have gone. A tour around the store showed no sign of these slippers. So, I headed to get some oat cakes, which were in stock at the second store. My third stop had holiday decor and merchandise in place of usual items. At least 75% of the store space focused on Christmas decor -- lovely but not what was on my list. So, 1 for 3 -- not really great stats <smile>. So, slippers are a no go and I will need to find a different gift -- guess that means I scour the interwebs. <smile> 

I like wandering stores when I'm in the right mood. I've often had difficulties when I'm shopping for something specific. Too many choices can create confusion. I get a picture in my head of what I'm looking for and no one has made such a version of the item in question. Living in a small town has limited shopping choices. There are some great local shops, though, that have specialty items from local artisans and vendors. I'd rather shop there than online, but some things can only be found online. All will work out -- it always does. Something will speak to me and tell me that it is the perfect item for a gift. 

The title of a song came to mind today. I often feel this way in larger stores and especially when in an online vendor site. It can be overwhelming. Narrowing search terms can help sometimes. <grin>  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Lost in the Supermarket -- The Clash



 

No comments:

Post a Comment