Wednesday 17 November 2021

Day 8 - 320 -- One Exquisite Moment

There was some sun early in the day, but cloud and rain replaced that quickly. A friend said she had snow on the deck when she woke today. I didn't see that, but hadn't looked outside until later in the morning. It felt cold when I was out walking around noon. The wind added to the cold feeling, but my hands didn't freeze, so all was well. My early meeting was postponed for two weeks due to a change in work plans of the other party. So, some documents and discussions will take longer to finalize. A weekly phone chat with a colleague and a virtual chat with a friend helped me to find my smile. In the evening I watched a television program that I enjoy. Not a super productive day based on the 'to do' list, but a good day nonetheless. 

Some days bring moments of pleasure and smiles without being over the top productive or life changing. In some ways this may be mundane, but it can also be due to navigating the strangeness of the world. Wanting things to change leads to a feeling of dissatisfaction with the day we are living. That doesn't mean that we should hide those negative feelings, but we should look for the positives around us. Today, I was greeted excitedly by a big dog down the street. I hadn't seen him for almost three weeks. I was as excited as he was to greet each other. That was such a perfect moment today. The cat from that house mewed a greeting -- the first from him in a very long time. In the background the wind chimes were softly ringing. Exquisite. And it would have been so easy to miss all the great parts of that moment. 

I guess my pondering means I need to get outside of my head and pay attention to the world around me and participate when I can. It also shows the greatness of the small things. How cool to be reminded of that today. I needed that. It has been a Beatles kind of day, so I share one of their songs that feels peaceful to me. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Across the Universe -- The Beatles






No comments:

Post a Comment