Sunday 21 November 2021

Day 8 - 324 -- Planning and Waiting

This morning sunshine paid a visit. This is likely the last time we'll see sun for a week. The impending storm will bring what they are calling torrential rains and high winds. This storm will stall and thus stay with us for four days at least. At present forecasts note 75-100 mm (3-4 inches) of rain Monday through Tuesday. The next two days will bring smaller amounts of rain. Now, there is an outside chance that the total rainfall will be closer to 150 mm (6 inches) early into the storm. We will have to wait and see. Wind gusts will be strong and the weather and emergency measures folks say that we may be without power for some time. It will fall as rain so temperatures will be warmer than usual at this time of year. I'm grateful that it won't fall as snow which would bury the house. 

Storms can cause anxiety. Not having another human to speak with during the height of a storm only adds to the anxiety -- no one there to help talk me down <smile>. I will pack a go bag and have charged the electronic devices so I can listen to music, check in with the local news, and have a small bit of light. Foods that don't need heating are at the ready. I will use my trusty fondue pot to warm water so I can have a semi-hot cup of tea. I have a couple of books to read. The furry fellow has been calmer when I read out loud in past storms. So, that will be on the agenda. That's me -- the queen of planning. I was a Girl Guide and took that motto to heart -- Be Prepared. <grin> 

Waiting for a storm can be a challenge. The song shared tonight deals with a different kind of storm, but the feelings are similar for the current one headed this way. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Waiting for the Hurricane -- Chris de Burgh 




No comments:

Post a Comment