Sunday 28 November 2021

Day 8 - 331 -- Aiming for the Centre

I woke to sunshine puddled on the kitchen floor again. That made me smile. After making a great breakfast of scrambled eggs, home fries and sauteed cherry tomatoes, I looked at things that could or should be done. This is when I heard that another rain storm is headed this way tomorrow -- with lots of rain. <sigh> Something changed in my mood to feeling a lot bluer.  

The afternoon walk occurred before sunset for a change. Walking helped me to begin to re-centre. At home I did some cooking. I made a big pot of stew and dumplings and an apple crisp. The tactile aspects of vegetable and apple chopping and the hand mixing of the crisp topping and dumpling mixture helped me see things as a bit brighter. It was just one of those days when I needed a hug. When I sat down with my afternoon chai, the furry one joined me. So, instead of sleeping elsewhere as is usual, he slept beside me. This has healing properties <smile>. The time spent in nature - with sunshine for a change, using the creative part of the brain to cook some comfort foods - my dad's stew recipe and a family favourite crisp, and communing with another species, helped me to remain closer to the centre and not get too lost in the periphery today.  

I share lyrics that reminded me that I am a work in progress <smile>. I particularly like the reference to the wind in the second verse. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

In Repair -- John Mayer



No comments:

Post a Comment