Wednesday 8 October 2014

Day 281 -- with a little help from my friends

Mid-week passed with no major events. Working to prepare for the midterm tomorrow -- answering questions and counting exams and cards.The day was grey as cloud built up overnight, blocking potential viewing of the blood moon in the early morning. Temperature was seasonal with humidity from the light mist on the hills. Outside the office building, two newly planted red oaks are living up to their colorific names -- gorgeous, even in the greyer light of today.

Friends and others helped me stay centred today, as is often the case. I only hope that I tend to reciprocate. Many smiles occurred throughout the day came from e-mails, passing comments or just a smile or thank you. Small things do mean a lot, as I've written before here. So, while the day ended in migraine land, not my favourite vacation spot at all, the day was a good day. 

The daily selection comes from a line that crossed my mind while taking a break to relax and reflect this evening. The title brings to mind the debt I owe to all the people I encounter daily who help me see the good side of events or put the negative aspects into perspective. As a thank you for your support, this one is for you all. Enjoy!

God Only Knows -- Wilson Phillips


No comments:

Post a Comment