Saturday 11 October 2014

Day 284 -- a rainy autumn day

Its been grey today -- cloud and some rain most of the day. I've occupied myself with laundry, housework and some lecture preparation for next week. The newest resident in the house is a virus, not as welcome as many other guests I can imagine.  Seems to have settled in the nasopharyngeal area -- sore throat when asleep last night and on and off throughout the day. It seems like a good day to eat ice cream <smile>.

I will admit that the songs that ran around my head dealing with rain were all somewhat sad sounding. I'll blame that on the greyness and the virus. They are all beautiful, though. I settled on a song covered by many artists. The version chosen for today is one sung by a voice I've loved since the Steve Miller days. He has an amazing bluesy way with a song. This one is particularly relaxing. Enjoy!

Rainy Night in Georgia -- Boz Scaggs


No comments:

Post a Comment