Monday 20 October 2014

Day 293 -- Fighting Fatigue

I know it is Monday, but the recovery from this influenza like illness certainly takes its toll. I fatigue with very little effort and then get all breathless. I've heard recovery takes 3-8 weeks. I find that difficult to accept <smile>.  Needless to say, I'm not as productive as usual so things are happening very slowly at work and at home. It is challenging to try to help people understand that I am still not 'better' but that I am in to lecture and try to keep things from unraveling without being able to do everything that I'd usually do.

What makes people expect others to do what they themselves wouldn't do (or couldn't do)? I've spoken of the pressures of the workplace and my own mind before, though when ill and fighting to recover in a shorter time frame is challenging on all sides. The fatigue and need to sleep more than usual is overwhelming. Doing one lecture a day is manageable. I've brought things home to work away on between resting bouts. Things will get done, but it is frustrating <smile>.

I heard a line from a song today about others thinking me lazy. It did make me smile and I've not had too many insistent requests, but to be honest, one is too many. <grin>.  Enjoy!

I'm Only Sleeping -- The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment