Friday 17 October 2014

Day 290 - Humidity and rain

The day was another warm and humid one from a dose of tropical air. We are expecting a hurricane to pass by over the weekend in the Atlantic, but the weather for the past two days comes from another system. It is a treat to have temperatures near 20C in mid-October, though. I've been here for many years now, but this type of weather always surprises me. There was drizzle yesterday afternoon and light sporadic showers today. Light winds blew some of the leaves around. I went into work for part of the day -- trying to work with the weakness that hangs on with this virus infection. My voice was stronger than yesterday, but just for the 50 minute lecture -- just when I needed it <smile>.

I had a late afternoon appointment and as I headed out the front door the rain drops increased in size so I could feel them as they hit my head and back. It wasn't enough to make me wet, just enough to let me know it was raining <smile>. I love the rain, even when it pours horizontal rain. This is something that I've learned to enjoy since moving to the Maritimes. I have rain gear to keep me reasonably dry when walking in the rain. There may be more rain on the weekend depending on the track Gonzalo chooses as it moves northeast from Bermuda. We'll see tomorrow.

The song today deals with a line I said out loud as I left the house this afternoon. It is an odd song, but it is what was pulled out of the brain memory banks today -- one from Burt Bacharach's heyday. Enjoy!

Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head -- BJ Thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment