Tuesday 14 October 2014

Day 287 -- falling behind

Well, I have to admit to feeling a bit of panic rising as I cancelled class today and tomorrow. Not sure how I can make up three lost lectures in one class and one1 in the other.  Things were tight but doable. Now that is no longer the case. Meetings were cancelled, too, and have been rebooked. I hope I can get to them. I feel my health comes first, but that is difficult to focus on sometimes, when the needs of others (and lot of others <smile>) come to mind.

What makes a person think of the needs of others before their own?  This may be thought of as a good thing in some situations and less so in others. Being altruistic is seen as positive. Ignoring your own safety may be beneficial, too. But thinking of your health can become difficult at times when taking care of you would likely benefit others. Not caring for an illness could make it last longer or risk development of a secondary infection, that could put you out of commission for a much longer period. Guilt and fear are amazing motivators, though.

The thoughts of losing time or falling behind came to mind often today. This led to a song line.  I love this song and this acoustic version with a duo singing is amazing. Enjoy!

Time After Time -- Cyindi Lauper featuring Sarah Mclachlin




No comments:

Post a Comment