Friday 10 October 2014

Day 283 -- Celebrating autumn anniversaries

I always think of my parents at this time of year. They were married 61 years ago last week. My dad passed after 51 years of marriage, but I still think of their day as a special one. So many things would not have been had they not chosen to spend their lives together.

I've always thought that the autumn is a wonderful time for weddings. The fall colours can be so breathtaking. Many friends felt the same way and are celebrating anniversaries over these couple of weeks. Years differ -- 22, 11, 39 -- regardless of the time, a  life commitment is well worth celebrating, the building of a life, family and partnership are keys to sustainability. It may be a 'job' at times, but working on these goals is well worth the efforts. 

Today I've selected two songs to celebrate all the fall anniversaries -- consider the extra one my gift to you all <g>. The first is by a favourite singer/songwriter that we haven't heard from for a while, with a song that seems to fit the topic. the second is from my childhood and a tune that always comes to mind when thinking of a song for anniversaries. Enjoy!

Just the Way You Are -- Billy Joel




Happy Anniversary -- from The Flintstones


No comments:

Post a Comment