Saturday 7 February 2015

Day 2-38 -- Still Shovelling

Today was a day without shovelling.  Not that there isn't more to do, but I'm sore and had housework to contend with along with lecture prep.  It was sunny outside so may have been pleasant to be out. I just made a choice to avoid it today.  The next session will be to make  a path along the side of the house and up the back stairs. I can't get out that door due to a chest high drift against the storm door. The basement exit will be easier as it is only mid-calf deep there. The car needs to be cleared, too, so that should be an hour of work doing it at a slow pace. Good exercise, if done correctly.

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours across two sessions shovelling the light drifted snow.  It was knee deep in most places and a little less elsewhere. I did all but 2 car-lengths of the drive way -- just a shovel width wide. The back hoe came while I was at the front end of the car. He used the loader to push snow from the street to the back of the car, depositing it all in an 8 foot pile on the front lawn.  Now the sidewalk plow hadn't been by nor did it go by today. So, I would suspect when I head out on Monday morning at 7:30, it will have just gone by and buried me in again. The trick with that debris is to get to it almost at once or it freezes as large icy chunks. We'll see. I may have to make a consumer complaint call <smile>. Monday class begins at 8:15 so not a lot of spare time to push extraneous snow for the second time.

I'm sharing a selection today that is from an indie band. The music and lyrics are oddly haunting, yet pleasing. The accompanying video is beautifully done. It fits with the ongoing winter theme of my life <smile>. Enjoy!

While I Shovel the Snow -- The Walkmen



No comments:

Post a Comment