Thursday 12 February 2015

Day 2-43 -- Pains and Pearls of Life

The week has one more day -- not that I want to wish my life away, but I so need it to be midterm break. That is still just over a week away. The faces of those around me -- and in the mirror -- look so tired. I often feel like I'm walking through water and am not fully aware of what is going on around me. If I stop, I will fall asleep in place. I heard someone else say today that they wanted to go home and sleep for a month. So, I know I'm not alone. It would be great to hide from the world and sleep at will with nothing or no one expecting something from me. That is a fantasy, but getting to some recovery would be so pleasant. There are bright spots in the days, without doubt. But I just need more time to rest so I can enjoy the good bits even more <smile>. This isn't a new theme for this blog, but it is a fact of academic life, it seems.

There definitely are some thoughts rattling around inside my head this week -- wondering about life with all its pains and pearls. This time of year is a struggle at work, which affects all aspects of life. I suppose one might not take a job if people were truthful about the impacts it might have <smile>.  Having worked in several jobs throughout my career, I can say that they all have a down side. As long as that side is outweighed by the other sides, things will work out.

For a song today, I chose an older tune <surprise!>  <smile>. The lyrics clearly fit my thoughts of today. Enjoy!

Life ain't easy -- Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show


No comments:

Post a Comment