Saturday 28 February 2015

Day 2-58 -- Time for some "me" time

Another sunny day and the end of the work 'to do' list -- well, for now <smile>.  I went for a walk and it was much icier than yesterday. There is so much out there, I'm not sure when it will ever all be gone. The sad news today was the death of Leonard Nimoy. He and that amazing voice were part of my formative years and both will be sorely missed.

So -- before the last half of the term begins on Monday, I plan to do 'me' things -- cook, shop, read and such, along with the regular weekend chores. It is my 'get a life' weekend <smile>. Perhaps grab onto life would fit better. There are jobs -- paid and unpaid -- that can demand much from an individual, leading the person to put the needs of others before their own. While this is not all bad -- the world is not all about 'me' -- each of us needs some time to focus on self. Without this, we may have less to offer others and can damage ourselves with burnout or resentment.The negative mental health issues brought on by giving too much can have short and long term health impacts. So -- we all need to grab onto life when we can to ensure that we remain who we really are.

The song I thought of for today has fun lyrics and video. While I believe a 'break' can help us stay true to who we are, the lyrics present this from a slightly different angle. Also, the video centres around a bit of sci-fi -- a great send off for Mr. N. Enjoy!

I don't have to be me ('til Monday) -- Steve Azar


No comments:

Post a Comment