Wednesday 18 February 2015

Day 2-49 -- Little changes making big waves

How many Mondays can there be in a week that had a holiday Monday? Tuesday had several odd occurrences and seemed non-stop from waking until sleep. Today seemed worse <smile>. Several typos were discovered during a midterm exam -- granted I had a major headache the day I wrote it and proof reading failed me then, too. For the first time in 16 years of examinations, several had errors from printing -- great black swaths running from top to bottom of random pages.  That created further stress in the exam room.  We managed and most gave me a smile as they left. Now that may be out of pity, but today, I'll take it and hope the exam tomorrow goes more smoothly.

It is interesting that a long weekend can be so disorienting. Perhaps it is a result of the holiday after a number of snow days. We must be greater creatures of habit than we wish to recognize. When thinking of this, I realized that changing my surroundings - like moving things from one place to another can create some frustration. For years my jewellery has sat on the dresser top in the original little boxes. I've wanted a wooden jewellery box, but have never found the style and size that would work best. Instead I purchased three nesting boxes made of bamboo. A couple of weeks ago, I put all the little boxes inside the three new boxes and artistically stacked these three on the side of the dresser.  Not seeing all the little boxes seems to remove them from my mind and I find that I'm going to work without bracelets or broaches more often than not. I do know that my personality type does need to see things. If I put papers in a file in the filing cabinet, it is like they no longer exist. I've read that having file folders in stacking cubes or something similar would make them much more usable -- all because I can see them.  This may be the reason I have piles of files out in the open so often and deal well with chronologically piled papers and journals. It does mean the office has that absent-minded professor look to it -- papers piled everywhere. It also means that I would have a high score for the clutter-blindness scale (a real thing -- really). I just fear someone will call that show about hoarders <smile>.

Today's selection deals with change through intriguing lyrics and an artistic video. Enjoy!

Everything Changes -- Julian Lennon




No comments:

Post a Comment