Thursday 16 April 2015

Day 2-106 -- An Ordinary Day

This was a mundane day -- nothing out of the ordinary occurred. Working on exams and reading took up much of the day. The sun was out a bit. A north wind brought a windchill to the near freezing temperatures of the day. My only outing was to head to the grocery store for a few needed items. That was unremarkable until leaving when the woman behind me ran into my heels twice -- a frustrating event. Where could she be heading in such a hurry? Yet, when I stepped aside so she could go around, she didn't. I'd turned around and likely glared at her and she seemed nonplussed, almost smiled back at me. I returned home to the laundry and grading. The evening settled in quietly as I continued to read and grade.

My reaction to the event at the grocery store made me realize how tired and tense I really am. I wanted to say something less than gracious. How could she not realize that she'd bumped into me twice? Perhaps she was in a similar place of weariness and was just running on auto-pilot, too. She looked vaguely familiar, but when out of context it can be difficult to place people. I got to the car and muttered to my self as I drove home. I hope to sleep better tonight and be more personable tomorrow.

The song selected for today seemed to fit well. The routine aspects of the day are expressed well in the lyrics and use of the accoustic guitar, though the lyrics do manage to dress up the day a bit with wonderful imagery. Enjoy!

Jersey Thursday -- Donovan


No comments:

Post a Comment