Friday 17 April 2015

Day 2 -107 -- Small celebrations

An outing in the rain this afternoon was my interaction with other people. It was to buy milk. The rest of the day was spent reading theses for grading. I find the slow ice melt fun to watch -- each day the ice recedes and new inches of ground appear.  I noticed that the tulips on the west side of the house are up about 2-3 inches.  The crocuses are still under several feet of snow and ice. Being on the north side of the property, they are often under snow longer than the tulips which get lovely full sun. This means that at least the purple tulips should bloom this year. I was afraid none of the bulbs would yield colour after the wicked winter.

The weather and the grading that gets completed daily make me feel like I should dance. Small celebrations, but they are well worth marking. Without a few minutes of joy, the tasks can become so overwhelming as they seem to become self-replicating (never-ending) piles of paper that I must read and then assign a grade. The next exams arrive tomorrow, so I may take time to watch a recorded program tonight so that I feel semi-normal for just 90 minutes <grin>.

The selection today  was one that appeared on my social media account. It seemed perfect for my mini-celebration dancing down the hallway. It is a great mash-up. Enjoy!

Shut up and Dance -- Walk the Moon



No comments:

Post a Comment