Tuesday 14 April 2015

Day 2 - 104 -- Need to Relax

The day began with grey skies changing to wind and light rain in the afternoon. By suppertime, there was sun. The temperature has been warm and there is more ground visible than yesterday.  All moving in the right direction <smile>.

I spent the day grading final exams -- the first large batch of three sets. It is a difficult time of year, but we all manage to get ourselves through the process with various coping strategies.  I had planned to go for groceries, but I had found the groove and chose to push forward with the task. It is a binge-grading approach. After 11 hours of this activity, I was in need of something to relax and calm.  Music was my 'go to' today <surprise>. It always helps to relax and rejuvenate and then get to sleep so I can repeat the process tomorrow.

The melody that I heard in my head is the song that I'll share today.  It has lyrics with deep meaning and a lovely tune. The singer-songwriter is  a young man from the UK who has been featured in this blog before (see Day 217 for a selection that is sure to make you dance and smile at its irreverent lyrics). Enjoy!

Broken -- Jake Bugg


No comments:

Post a Comment