Saturday 18 April 2015

Day 2-108 -- Just Another Saturday Night

Saturday night and what am I doing?  Grading the exams that were written this afternoon <smile>.  Some days the job seems to take over life -- who am I kidding? Most days. This exam needs to be finished by Tuesday when the next (and last) exam will be written. That requires me to work on this over the weekend. I do look forward to having all grades entered, but will do my best to live in the moment and enjoy the experience.

Exams show a number of things -- mostly they show which items students feel were most important to them (my exams generally come with choices for questions to answer). At the 3rd and 4th year level, exams can also allow students to apply what they learned throughout the course. These are the fun questions to grade. I've also been told that they can be fun to write.  Such questions allow students to use their creativity to address a situational question and respond using concepts learned in the course. They generally make me smile.

So, rather than procrastinate further, I'll share the song that came to mind tonight. While grading is no picnic, it can be a learning experience for me -- something that we should all relish.  That thought led me to the song of the day. Enjoy!

Saturday in the Park -- Chicago


No comments:

Post a Comment