Monday 20 April 2015

Day 2-110 -- An Unusual Day

It has been an odd day.  I managed to get through two major tasks on the 'to do' list -- besides grading <smile> -- and partway through a third item. That felt good.  The sun shone and there was only a light breeze.  After work I drove to the grocery store to retrieve a few fresh fruits, veggies and dairy products to help me get through the rest of the week.  As I walked out to the car in the evening sunshine -- that's when things took a turn into somewhere less pleasant.

The car refused to start. Put the key in, turned the ignition -- nothing. Not even a clicking of the starter. Every hazard light on the dash lit up -- many of which I have never seen before. I called the garage even though it was after 5. Luckily, my contact there was still in the office and he came over to see if a boost might help. Again, nothing. So, I called the tow truck and the car was taken off to the garage for the service folks to look at in the morning. My contact drove me home and even offered to pick me up for work in the morning <smile>.  Only in a small town.  He was able to take some of the pain and frustration away. Later in the evening the phone rang and the person on the other end gave me news that I hadn't expected.  Not great news. He has a very calm voice and knew what to say to help me laugh when I didn't quite feel like laughing. So, more uncharted territory to deal with there.

The only song that came to mind was for the imagery the lyrics contain. I've felt a bit at loose ends since  grocery shopping and somewhat like the boy in the tower <smile>.  Enjoy!

In Liverpool -- Suzanne Vega


No comments:

Post a Comment