Monday 27 April 2015

Day 2-117 -- Plans gone awry

Today had been planned to help me complete a number of small tasks that I need to do. Much of the day was spent responding to e-mails for one of those projects and then a visit to the office to deal with a couple other messages that couldn't be handled from home. Messages I sent yesterday did not reach their destinations and my Sent Mail file has been emptied. Needless to say the plans for the day were not completed.  So -- tomorrow's schedule holds many of today's undone tasks. I've made several errors in the days of future meetings that are being planned -- I'll blame that on the weariness experienced during the day.

It will take a while to normalize after the end of term and convocation. It always does. We all need to find that grounded place for ourselves and work to not be sucked into the vortex of silliness that is still within reach. There was good news today in e-mail, so it wasn't fully disappointing -- just felt a bit out of control.

A song from the dim distant past came to mind today. It appeared in mid-afternoon as the stress began to build. Interesting. Enjoy!

I Wanna Be Free -- The Monkees


No comments:

Post a Comment