Wednesday 22 April 2015

Day 2-112 -- Feeling Free Again

The rain poured down from the middle of the night until this afternoon.  Still oodles of snow, but less than yesterday <smile>.  It was a good day to stay indoors and apply the red pen to the exam papers. Other good news for the day was that my car is running again. Some odd electrical circuitry issue. Must have been a loose connection since when they disconnected things and then reconnected them, everything worked as designed to do. I'm still a bit leery that something goofy will happen again -- will need to rebuild that trust <smile>.

Getting my car back in my driveway was a wonderful feeling. I have one errand that would take three taxis, so it is fantastic to know I can do it in less time on my own now. It isn't that I need to drive anywhere, but it was so freeing to have the option. There is a big part of me that relishes independence. I suspect all people have this to some degree. Being dependent on others can be difficult. For now, the car is running and I'm able to walk or ride as needed. Maybe not the best thing to celebrate on Earth Day -- especially when I work so hard to reduce my carbon footprint and advocate others do the same.

One silly song line came to mind when I picked up the car today. Hope it makes you smile like it did for me. Enjoy!

No Particular Place to Go -- Chuck Berry


No comments:

Post a Comment