Monday 13 April 2015

Day 2-102 -- Home Sweet Home

Being away from home even for a short time leaves me wanting my own bed and comfort of my own surroundings. I do enjoy travel and seeing people from elsewhere, but coming home is a joy. I've found as time goes by that two weeks is often when I begin to feel the need to be home. This time was only two sleeps, but it was great to walk through the front door tonight.  <smile>  The furry guy was happy, too.

A wonderful gift upon my return was to find that the sheet ice -- much like a skating rink -- at the end of the driveway has melted. An area the length of about 3 vehicles is now squooshy thick mud. That area has poor drainage, but the sun and wind will see it dry eventually.  Up near the house there was a small patch of actual dirt with grass -- enough to fit a single robin. That, too, will grow in the coming days. This week is to be sunny with warmer temperatures and a bit of rain, which will move more ice and snow away.

The song today was one I heard while waiting for the bus at the airport.  It said several things that I was feeling. The music playing there was delightful.  As I was leaving they were playing wonderful summery 60s tunes that made me smile -- especially the Beach Boys 'God only knows' which fit my people watching at an airport perfectly (as seen in Love, Actually) <smile>.  The song for today is much newer <smile> from a singer-songwriter that has been called folky and funky. Enjoy!

The Most -- Jon Troast


No comments:

Post a Comment