Thursday 14 April 2016

Day 3 - 104 -- Stars in the Night

It's been a long day. I worked at home on thesis grading and report generation and finished the tasks just in time to head into work for an evening exam. I met with a couple of students about the exam next week and a few others with other news -- job interviews, grad school acceptance, an illness. They are fun to talk to. The exam was over by 9:30 and I stayed in the office another hour finishing e-mail conversations with other students. Two were still writing tonight's exam with accessible learning, so I'll pick their exams up from that office tomorrow. I was so tired when I left campus. I'm generally up later, but tonight I was 'on' for the whole time, so did feel fatigued when I decided to stop for the day.

When I left the building, I was greeted by a bright half moon. Walking across the parking lot, I saw many stars for the the first time in a long time. It has been cloudy in the evenings I've been outside recently, it seems. Seeing these celestial bodies felt comforting. I was reminded of a stanza from a song that described stars so perfectly. The song is from a musical, and while the lyrics explain a personal philosophy of the character, they also present stars in a lovely way.  Enjoy!

Stars -- Phillip Quast (Javert from Le Miserables)


No comments:

Post a Comment