Sunday 3 April 2016

Day 3 - 94 -- Snow, Wind, Power

Well another dismal looking day outside and piles of grading inside. Somehow I felt a bit better about the latter today, though. It was still a long slog, but I got it completed before bedtime. By supper tonight, the snow was so thick I couldn't see the buildings on Main Street or the cathedral on the hill. The power has flickered many times and gone out 4 or 5 times for just a few seconds. There were very loud noises outside somewhere twice when this happened. There seemed to be sounds of a chain saw a while back, too, but I could be just so tired, I'm making this all up <g>. The cat gets very freaked out when the power goes out and it is all dark. Odd as I thought he wouldn't really even notice that. So, it seems that domesticated (and I use air quotes with that term <smile>) felines are very used to the creature comforts of house life.

My mood, while better than yesterday, was still a bit down today. When I stopped to think about it, I decided that it was because it was Sunday. Mom and I would often talk on a Sunday afternoon. Another of the many small things that have changed. Two lines from a song came to mind today. One about always being on my mind and the other about catching tears. So, that is the song that I'll share with you all today. The singer has an amazing voice and her style is very relaxed. She comes from famous parents, one actor and one musician. So, she comes to her career understanding the pros and cons of fame. Enjoy!

Don't Know Why -- Norah Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment