Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 3 - 107 -- Accommodating

Today I found some flexibility. A meeting had to be pushed later in the day and took a bit longer than expected, but it didn't create any anxiety in me. That is different than the way I have been feeling for a long time -- made me feel freer than usual. I know others often adapt to work around my silly schedule. It was nice to be able to be the one able to let someone else's schedule take the lead for a change.

At this time of year, things get very stressful and time -- every part of a minute -- seems full of things that need to be done yesterday or at best, tomorrow when there simply aren't enough hours to do whatever is necessary in the time frame given. This puts everyone in a heightened anxiety state -- so there is much frustration all around. When meetings have to occur during such times, it can be almost impossible to get even two people together. When it means gathering 4 or 10 or 50, it is worse -- we all can act like stubborn mules that refuse to budge. The feeling that one more thing required of one's already inadequate time can be just too much to handle. But today wasn't like that for me -- and that was a rather pleasant surprise.

There was a phrase that I thought of while reflecting on this fleeting flexibility. I immediately thought, isn't that a song title? <grin>  I found that it was indeed the title of several songs. The one that seemed to be one I'd heard in my head is shared here today. I love the upbeat tempo and the great group efforts with singing. Enjoy!

Any Way the Wind Blows -- Home Free


No comments:

Post a Comment