Friday 1 April 2016

Day 3 - 92 -- Unplanned Event

Temperatures climbed into mid-teens today and the humidity grew with the temp. Cloud and mist were present by late afternoon and rain by early evening. Rain is expected for the next 24-36 hours with some snow in the air within 48 hours. Five hours ago forecasts called for 10 cm on Sunday and 20-30 cm on Tuesday.  At present that has been revised to 5 cm on Sunday and 1 cm on Tuesday. With that range of difference in forecasting, they are bound to be in the ballpark and hang onto their 95% accuracy rate. Precipitation generally can't be predicted with any degree of accuracy within 4-5 days in advance. I still don't understand the need to confuse people with the prediction models that change moment to moment. I've said several times this week that having a job where I can be so off the mark regularly and not fear any repercussions would be interesting. <smile>

After work today, I met a friend at our local community supported pub. She had arrived with another colleague who I hadn't met before and we were joined by two others, one of which I'd met a while back. Spontaneity in play. I don't always do well in a group, especially of new-to-me people. It is the curse of an introvert. Tonight, however, worked very well and we made plans to all get together again in a couple weeks. It was a fun evening of interesting conversations and much laughter. At the end, I noted how much I had needed just that -- something unplanned and fun. It made returning home to grade papers much more manageable. <smile>

The pub we usually meet at is small and we are often recognized by face if not by name. The place is always busy and Fridays, especially so. It made me think of a TV show theme song, so I'm sharing that one with you all tonight. Enjoy!

Where everybody knows your name -- Gary Portnoy & Judy Hart-Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment