Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 3 - 96 -- A Very Full Day

It has been a day filled with many key events. The last class of the academic year occurred today. It ended well with smiles and laughs and one student thanking me for the past 4 years (he graduates in 3 weeks). It all made me feel somewhat happy and somewhat sad. Endings do this to me. As the day wore on, there was a student meeting, good talk with a friend, and completion of tasks that have been sitting while the grading took over life. Just as I was leaving to get groceries, a phone call came to tell me that the movers would be delivering the boxes from home tonight. I hurried out to the store and then realized that my list was still on my desk at the office, so maybe tomorrow.

The movers were a lovely older couple who schlepped the boxes into the house and into one of the rooms downstairs -- one of the empty rooms waiting for redressing once the foundation crack is fixed -- the only space there is for these things except the living room. When they left, I looked at one of the chairs with a cross-stitched seat cover that my mom had made and that brought on the tears. Opening the boxes will be difficult, but I will need to do this to get things ready to go into storage, display, or closets. I have three upstairs in the living room that I'll have to tackle first. The others are out of sight downstairs right now, but I can't wait too long to move things elsewhere, even if I don't fully unpack the boxes.

Interesting song for today -- one I came across online - from an artist that has a large body of work that many people recognize. This song is sort of bluesy and not as well known. Enjoy!

Sometimes We Cry -- Van Morrison


No comments:

Post a Comment