Wednesday 12 April 2017

Day 4 - 102 -- Incongruous Sun

Forecasters predicted some cloud and rain this morning, but it seemed to just get sunnier -- until there were no clouds in the sky. I had some things to do on campus, so I headed in late morning. Went to a meeting, got some e-mail done, responded to a major question through a face to face chat, and got a report submitted. Now, I think that last one needs another paragraph for explanation, so will likely do that tomorrow.

While working on all these busy work tasks, there seemed to be something hanging above and behind me. Today a dear friend was laid to rest. I remember thinking that the weather was so amazing here today, and I hoped that it was like that at home today. It seems incongruous that the sun shines when such events are taking place -- when inside one feels only grey. I wish I could have been there today. As I've said several times this week, sometimes this country is so so big.

A song shared today says a lot about loss yet manages to sound a bit 'up' and not be maudlin. It has shown up on this blog a few times in the past years, but if the song fits, using it again seems right. Enjoy!

Keep me in your Heart -- Warren Zevon


No comments:

Post a Comment