Monday 17 April 2017

Day 4 - 107 -- Running Behind Yet Again

Monday went fairly well. Lots of small tasks needed to be done today in preparation for the next two days with exams. Again, as it seems I've said here many times already, everything took longer than estimated to complete. So, my trip to the grocery store will be later in the week. I do need two items earlier, so a quick stop will fix that tomorrow or Wednesday. Among the 'to do' list items, I had a couple of good conversations with friends. Laughter always makes the day move along better.

As I left the office a couple of hours after I'd hoped to leave, I felt that I was moving in slow motion while time was moving normally or even a bit quickly. When I looked at the clock I realized that I needed to get home to supper and the evening report review. The later hour meant no time to shop today. This brought a few songs to mind, but I settled on one of my favourites  -- from a favourite album. The lyrics note my feelings of being behind time despite trying to get things done as planned. The singer/songwriter has been featured in this blog many times -- difficult not to when she has written so many songs. Enjoy!

It's Too Late -- Carole King



No comments:

Post a Comment