Sunday 23 April 2017

Day 4 - 113 -- Plans from the Past

After getting to bed rather late the past two nights -- as in well after midnight -- I am feeling a bit tired. Waking earlier than hoped occurred each of the past two mornings. This morning it was the sound of something dropping on the roof. Even in a deep slumber, it was clear what it was. Snow. Snow falling from the tree branches and landing on the roof. The trace of snow forecast was a couple of inches or more. It was heavy and wet, hence the disrupting sound on my roof. It melted by supper. There was just a hint of sun but the ground is warm so snow won't hang on for too long. It seems that parts of Newfoundland had 60 hours of continuous freezing rain. That is far more disruptive than the bit of snow that fell here. People ask where spring went and my reply is still that this IS spring. <smile> Transition time.

More work was done on grading, calculating and answering e-mail queries about the next exam. This is the time of year when I often find my mind wandering back to when I graduated from the undergrad program at USask. Those were heady times with our lives ahead of us. It seems that in two years there will be a reunion year for what should be 2 decades, but I'm told that my math is somewhat off there <smile>. When I see the students writing their last finals (though I have told them to never say never -- as we just never know when we might end up back at school <smile>) I find those old feelings returning. We had dreams and plans. Not that those have been ignored. Dreams and plans should be fluid to change as one grows. We've all accomplished many things -- some on those early lists and some that appeared as we've been moving through life.

A song that can bring those early days back to mind is shared here tonight. The link provided does explain this as a song from an early work site of the group singing. The visuals show many others who worked at the same place. The young fresh faces remind me of times past -- in a happy way. Enjoy!

Sad Cafe -- The Eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment