Wednesday 26 April 2017

Day 4 - 116 -- Feeling Chilly

Got up early today to be ready for the technician to arrive and upgrade the wifi and change the television to a different carrier with a whole home type pvr. The appointment was for somewhere between 8 AM and 5 PM. That part bothered me as the lack of precision is a bit odd -- surely they could book for 8-12 and 12-5. The reminder phone call told me that he'd call before arriving to give me 30 minutes notice. When the tech arrived I suggest that SHE let the others know that using the term technician might be better than always assuming a male tech. The install took just over two hours -- a hardware issue with one new box and then the phone wouldn't reset. That took a long call to the office techs to fix. Things seem to be working well. My only frustration is that when ordering I was assured this package came with the Food Network, but that seems not to be the case. I'll call tomorrow when I need a break to see when that changed.

Once that was done, I ran a couple of work errands and then went out for a nice dinner with friends. I needed that social time outside of work. I finally began to feel warm. I'd been shivering much of the day despite wearing a sweatshirt. It is cool, but drizzly outside. The dampness makes it feel colder inside.  When walking the wind was strong and very cool. Misty rain hit my face. It wasn't really unpleasant, but was fairly brisk <smile>.

The song shared fits the walk well. I enjoy the keyboard -- piano was my instrument. The melody and harmonies of the group have a melancholy sound, which seemed to fit the day, too. Enjoy!

Cold Rain -- Crosby,Stills & Nash




No comments:

Post a Comment