Sunday 12 April 2020

Day 7 - 103 -- thinking through it all

Getting through this time of isolation remains a learning experience. As an introvert, I enjoy being by myself when I choose, but enjoy the company of others, too. When others order me to be alone, it feels akin to being sent to my room as a kid -- lots to do, but I hated being told I had to be alone at that moment in time. For the past 27 days -- 4 weeks! -- I work to get through it one day at a time and sometimes, one hour at a time. Small tears occur on most days, with bigger tearful episodes present on other days. My goal is to find the positive in each day -- or if all else fails, to create a positive, which can be trickier to accomplish some days <smile>. Mental gymnastics are required on the harder days.

The selection for today was chosen for its positive outlook and the need to work through thoughts to get to a positive, but still acknowledge the less pleasant emotions. Thinking together can also bring positives. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Mind Games -- John Lennon



No comments:

Post a Comment