Tuesday 14 April 2020

Day 7 - 105 -- Recurring Thoughts

Recently, I've had recurring thoughts of the book On The Beach by Nevil Shute. It has a post-apocalyptic plot line. There are times when I wonder if there is anyone else out there? Obviously sounds of cars, outdoor workers and neighbours overly loud stereos tell me the answer is yes. Yet there are moments of calm and silence during the early morning hours that make it seem so surreal.

The disembodied voices on the phone today, small greetings while passing others during a walk, and video chatting with friends still offer no physical contact. A social media post today noted how much the writer missed hugs. I am so with them on this one. We are social beings and hug here and there helps things go along so well -- particularly on days when I feel more down than up -- like today. Virtual hugs help me to smle, too, but a real, live bear hug would be so very good right now. With time, this part of life will return. Getting to that point will have ups and downs.

The song for today shares a title with the book that has been haunting me. It is by a Canadian singer-songwriter. Stay safe. Enjoy!

On The Beach -- Neil Young


No comments:

Post a Comment