Tuesday 21 April 2020

Day 7 - 112 -- Solving Puzzles

Today the sun shone most of the day. I worked on a writing project for part of the day. Later in the afternoon, I headed out for a walk. The temperature was a bit cool, but pleasant with very little wind. I managed to change a battery in a smoke detector without major difficulties. Each of these devices is different, so there isn't any 'usual' way to do this. The only common aspect is having to climb a step ladder to get close to the ceiling. Now, I have a bit of an issue with heights. Getting dizzy would not help accomplish said task, either <smile>.So, the day seems to have been fairly productive for a change.

After washing my hair, I decided to lay out pieces of a jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table. This one has 1000 pieces -- larger than anything I've tackled in the past. I was amazed at how calming even laying out the pieces felt. I found my thought turned back to my childhood, when my grandmother would do a puzzle on a Sunday afternoon. I loved sitting with her by the window where the light was wonderful and helping as much as a child could. That memory made me smile. This made me think of how solving puzzles can provide a sense of accomplishment as well as calm. Life can be like a puzzle, so many pieces that need to be put together and  'oh boy' if there are pieces missing -- like the cat pushed a few on the floor and chased them around the house. We need to find the pieces and build the picture, often without the puzzle box cover photo. Some pieces may fall into place without much effort, while others take forever to recognize where they actually fit.  No wonder there are days when we feel stressed <smile>.

The song for today mentions the challenges of lives. It is by one of the early rock groups. Stay safe and enjoy!

Jigsaw Puzzle -- The Rolling Stones




No comments:

Post a Comment