Monday 1 February 2021

Day 8 - 32 -- Calendar Day

A new month began today. February brings many 'month of ...' topics, birthdays, and various and sundry 'holidays'. It is seen by some as the beginning of a move into spring. I'm all for that, particularly with the huge storm bearing down on us once it has had its way with the eastern seaboard of the US.  

I love changing calendars to see the new photos and ideas. That's why I enjoy my one page-a-day calendar that generally makes me smile. Wall calendars are chosen carefully for their artistic or message content. This year had few calendars from local merchants mainly due to the virus and need to reduce contact surfaces. Over the past few years, there has been a reduction in the number of calendars found in stores as well as those from businesses. With the advent of smart phones, there seems to have been a reduction in paper ways of marking time. That makes me a bit sad, since I have had several hanging in various rooms of the house for years. 

As I went around the house flipping the pages today, I hummed a tune. When I realized the lyrics, it made me laugh. I will share that song with you all today since it is about a calendar of sorts. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Calendar Girl -- Neil Sedaka 




No comments:

Post a Comment