Monday 15 February 2021

Day 8 - 46 -- Gatherings

Today was filled with sunshine. The furry one spent much time in a sun bath rolling so that all sides soaked up the warmth of the sun. I thought of getting groceries, but it is a holiday here so stores were not open -- but the letter carrier delivered the mail. That makes no sense. Instead of shopping, I went for a walk to mail a letter and get some fresh air. I enjoy walking. It feels freeing. The sidewalks were mainly clear with a few areas of snow or water. Given the meteorological forecast shows extended periods of ice pellets followed by freezing rain tomorrow, walking today may be safer.  

When I took garbage to the curb for pick up tomorrow, I heard the local crows gathered by the brook. I miss walking home from campus as they congregate and discuss their activities of the day. They sound enthusiastic and somewhat raucous -- like a loud group at the pub after work <smile>.  They always make me smile. This also reminded me of the time spent with friends to just sit and talk. I miss that. Perhaps the crows gave me a bit of hope that we will be able to gather to converse again. In person. Online works, but I want to see and hear everyone and just sit back to watch and enjoy the gathering. Soon. Just need to hang on a bit longer. 

The song shared tonight brings together two aspects  of the day -- the sun and the crows -- sort of <smile>. 

Soak Up the Sun -- Sheryl Crow





No comments:

Post a Comment