Wednesday 3 February 2021

Day 8 - 34 -- Share Hope

The surprise of the day -- the temperature outside my window today was 15C/58F!!!  Much of the snow from yesterday melted in the pouring rain overnight. The ground sounds squooshy as you walk on it. It is supersaturated. I went for a short walk under bright blue sky with a stop at a locally run department store for some crafting supplies. I may try to resurrect my crochet skills. I will see how that goes and keep you posted. <smile> 

I found the brightness of the day brought hope to front of mind. Hearing a couple of lines from a newscast -- inadvertently -- set me backwards a bit today as did a small event. Keeping the hope alive can be a challenge. Some days there is a light in the tunnel -- it isn't clear if that is the end of the tunnel or just a place where we might be able to see clearer for a bit. Anyways, it seems small happenings in the day can act like someone rushing out of the darkness in that infernal tunnel and shooting out the light so no one can see. Metaphor. I do love the way they can express a feeling or situation in pictures. I know that there are many of us traversing this pandemic tunnel and together we may be able to see the faint glimmers of hope and protect them from those who wish to see them extinguished.   

The songs shared today has a hope theme to the lyrics and uses a light metaphor. It also stresses the need to share hope with others. That fit well with the pondering of the day. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Hope -- Natasha Bedingfield



No comments:

Post a Comment