Monday 8 February 2021

Day 8 - 39 -- SNOW!

I found knee deep wind-packed snow on porch and small sidewalk half the width of the house -- lots to move and the effort is great. Mentally not where I should be to do this task -- just so don't want or need this mess. <sigh> I will be doing the moving in stages so it will take a couple of days to deal with it all. Today, I got the front porch and a pathway out the driveway almost to the sidewalk. I stopped short of there since the sidewalk plow hasn't gone past yet today. I will call my plow fellow to clear out the over waist deep stuff left by the street plow, but will hold off on calling until the sidewalk plow goes by tomorrow. It took a bit of effort to open the storm door at the front (opens out) due to snow being deeper than the door sill. It is a slow process moving an inch or two at a time to the point where I can squeeze through the opening. Then the real work began <smile>. So, with two outings today for a total of 1.5 hours, I expect that will be all I do for today. There should be some sun tomorrow, which will make it more pleasant. The wind will also be much less by then, too. 

Not much else happens when such physical effort is expended. No vacuuming today as I had hoped -- yes, really. Much as I dislike vacuuming, I really wanted to do some deep cleaning in a couple of rooms. It won't happen tomorrow either as more time will be spent up close and personal with heaps of snow -- again. Well, all my grumping about snow brought one song to mind. I know I used it earlier in the season, but believe me, it says it all -- and with a bit of a smile, even. <smile>  Stay safe. Enjoy! 

I Hate the Frigging Snow -- G. Salvia


 


No comments:

Post a Comment