Friday 12 February 2021

Day 8 - 43 -- Big Activity

It has been a physical kind of day. the back porch has been cleared of the drift from the ground up the stairs to the back door. Finding the stairs again felt good. The process took less time than I'd expected and I was done in 30 minutes. YAY!  Temperatures overnight were colder than they have been but it warmed with diminished winds through the morning, making the outing to move snow more bearable. After a lunch break, I undertook a deep cleaning of the house using the vacuum. Moving furniture and contorting myself to get into the corners. This task took considerably more time than the snow removal <smile>. 

Physical activity often can improve mood. The feeling likely has something to do with the endorphin release that comes with activity. There should be no shortage of those chemicals floating around my brain today <smile>. Often my main activity is walking. This week most activity took place outdoors with shorter walks and much snow removal. Walking through the couple of inches of granular snow on the sidewalks was like walking through wet sand and in a few places this was done while going uphill. Great workout for the calves, I guess.The indoor work today added to the weekly total. Some days involve more sedentary pursuits, so a walk makes sense to take me out of my head for a short while. This week, though, there was no need to look for ways to be active. Nor'easters provide all you want and then some. <smile> 

A couple of song lyrics swirled around in my head today. I share the one song that mentioned the importance of movement in life. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Flashdance (What a Feeling) -- Irene Cara 




No comments:

Post a Comment