Sunday 14 February 2021

Day 8 - 45 -- Finding the Good

Temperatures warmed for this mainly cloudy day with a few sunny breaks. I headed out for milk and a short walk when I noticed there was no wind -- a major change of pace here. The last loads of laundry were completed and I spent some time outside moving the frozen chunks of icy snow left by the sidewalk plow two days ago. I also cleared the major snow off the car from early in the week. This meant clearing that snow from the walkways, too. It felt good to be a bit active. A government website provided a new challenge when it wouldn't acknowledge my email address, userid  or password. It showed me another way to log in through a third party partner, but that still wouldn't let me see my account. In two weeks, I should receive a secret access code that is only sent by snail mail -- hence the waiting time. This has happened every time I've tried to access the site during 2020 -- once was due to a data breach that shut down the account system. But, even then I could log on given the last secret code and such. This is so frustrating. So, one item on the dreaded 'to do' list that can't be done. Not that there aren't other items to focus on instead <smile>. So, I moved on and made something fun for supper -- pepper steak and rice with bok choy. 

Practicing patience is easier said than done <smile>.  Remaining composed and moving into problem solving mode may help when software and such don't work as promised. Anger and frustrations often lead to a state of confusion -- something that doesn't get us far -- just spinning in circles. Finding the absurd in such situations can bring on a smile or laugh. It is all a matter of perspective. Take a look at your reaction and move on from there. 

When thinking through possible songs for the day, one kept surfacing. The lyrics point to a positive outcome for the day while not promising that it will all be great. Who the lyrics refers to could be self, other or situation. I chose a cover of the original with a female voice. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Lovely Day -- Demi Lovato





   

No comments:

Post a Comment