Wednesday 24 February 2021

Day 8 - 54 -- Doing Nothing?

As I find myself taking time to feel better, I found that I felt like I was doing nothing. How is healing or recuperating not 'something' -- and an important something at that? It seems that many of us measure self worth by how much we get done in a day. If completion is required, then my list today would include folding laundry, feeding myself, and watching some recorded television programs. Definitely not an auspicious list. But does it need to be? To be honest, I haven't accomplished mush of what I'd hoped to do when this whole lockdown thing began -- and we're coming up on a year way too soon. I had been doing some major household sort and clean tasks when this all hit and somehow my forward momentum ended. Holding it all together is a major task some days, but it sin't something one can point to as an accomplishment. Does that make it less real? There's a lot here to ponder and begin to understand why I seem so hard on myself. Hmmm

A song that I sang as a child with my mother came to mind. It carries a bit of the judgmental ring of what is running through my head today, though it also brings a smile.  Stay safe. Enjoy! 

 

Lazy Bones -- Leon Redbone



No comments:

Post a Comment