Sunday 3 September 2023

10-233 (21/08/23) -- Morning Distress

Woke early today and found the furry one in distress -- definite pain involved. We ushered him into a carrier and drove to the vet just after they opened. We left him there for tests. It didn't appear to be a urinary blockage as I'd thought it might be, so they will run some labs and do xrays. They called me around noon to let me know that there didn't seem to be anything outstanding but it could be a pinched nerve. We picked him up just after the office lunch break. The vet went over the labs and showed me the xray where things look reasonable except for the possibility of a small disc issue in his back. They hydrated him since the labs looked like he hadn't been drinking or eating, which was likely overnight. The tech quietly told me what the cost was. I asked her to repeat it. The practice now operates under a large vet med clinic company and boy howdie did the price reflect that. Whew! She set up the machine for me twice and it wouldn't accept my tap. I was too stunned to think -- a tap wouldn't work for the figure I was trying to pay. So, third time was the charm -- so to speak. He had a dose of anti-inflammatory on board so was a bit lethargic. I have more liquid med to give him for the next 10 days. They tell me it is chicken flavoured; we shall see <smile>.  So good to have my friend with me today to have my back during all the craziness. 

While we recuperated from the medical issue, my friend updated my living room table lamp so LED bulbs will work with it. The socket was fried a few years back and now it works again <smile>. An antique floor lamp needed similar attention, but proved to be more involved. We got different connector parts in hopes it would work. I will need to find an electrician who does this type of conversion. 

After the stresses of the day, this song came to mind. It has a calming effect in the music and the lyrics. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Something in the Way She Moves -- James Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment